9-13 June 2014, Asheville, NC USA
Objectives of CLIMAR-IV:
- To highlight the societal benefits of the applications of marine climatology, including for climate services.
- To review the needs of the scientific and operational communities for marine climate data and products.
- To assess the state of the marine climate data component of the global climate observing system, identify gaps, and provide guidance on how to address them.
- To review ongoing developments in the integration of observations across multiple observing domains (land - lower atmosphere / surface ocean - deep ocean - space).
- To encourage submissions to the Dynamic Part of the WMO Guide to the Applications of Marine Climatology.
- Marine temperatures
- Waves and storm surges
- Air - sea interaction
- Oceanographic data
- Characteristics of the observing system(s)
- Applications of marine climatology
- Data recovery and data management initiatives
- Quality control